Upload to MOSS document libraray

May 9, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Hi,
have you ever tried to upload a .docx document processed with the Content Control Toolkit into a MOSS document library?
Well, SharePoint modifies OpenXML files when storing them in a document library and fr some reasons my files with the new custom xml file bound to content controls are being corrupted during this process and become unreadable by Word 2007. I never managed to open one of the documents again neither from MOSS directly nor when saving them locally first.
(Word+MOSS BETA & Final, same results)
Any ideas?

Jonkman
Coordinator
May 10, 2007 at 3:45 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
May 12, 2007 at 6:50 AM
Thanks Jonkman for reporting this. I creating a bug work item and fixed it. Note though that this bug has wider implications as it is not actually a bug in my code, but SharePoint itself. I have alerted the program manager in Microsoft about this issue. Thank you for your contribution.

BTW, if the documents that broke when you found this bug were important, you can send them to me and I can manually fix it by digging into the file format itself and rewire the bad xml.