Capitalize Content Control

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 14, 2007 at 5:56 PM
Hi all,
I am new to Developing on Word 2007 and using content controls. I have created a form and mapped around 30 controls. Everything is working fine but I would like to have one of my controls to be displayed in all CAPS. Is there an easy way to do this using content controls. I know that I could put my xml in a dom and use java to do this but that seems like a bit overkill. That might be my last resort. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance. Craig
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2007 at 6:06 AM
Hi Mornindew,

I think this may be possible (although I haven't tested it). Here's how

1. Create a new style
2. In the lower left portion of the new style dialog, click 'Format' then 'Font...'
3. Select 'All Caps' effect, click OK
4. Create a name for the style, and apply it to Paragraph (and if that doesn't work, try other options).
5. Add a new text content control, select the placeholder text and apply the style. You may also want to try selecting the area before and after the content control and apply the style to it too.

This style should automatically format the content even after the DOM is updated, and the content is pushed to the control

mornindew wrote:
Hi all,
I am new to Developing on Word 2007 and using content controls. I have created a form and mapped around 30 controls. Everything is working fine but I would like to have one of my controls to be displayed in all CAPS. Is there an easy way to do this using content controls. I know that I could put my xml in a dom and use java to do this but that seems like a bit overkill. That might be my last resort. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance. Craig