broken docx files

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Edit: Sorry for the post, I found out what the problem was. All works fine now. 

-----

Hi,

I am new to using content controls and today I tried out the Word Content Control Toolkit.

I created new docx file in Word 2010 with one rich text content control inside and loaded it into the toolkit. I followed the instructions and everything worked as described. The content inside the rich text content control was replaced by the text inside the item1.xml.

Now, what I am trying to do is to replace the item1.xml with a different one. To do so I unzipped the docx file and modified the text inside item1.xml which is supposed to appear inside the content control.

Once I zipped the file again and renamed it to docx, Word was unable to open it because its content was corrupt. 

I then took the original docx (including the toolkit modifications) and unzipped it. I did not do anything to the extracted files, zipped it back together and it turned out that Word also thinks that the file is broken.

I know it's the Word 2007 Content Control Toolkit, but I thought there should be no major difference in such basic case. Is this a known issue or am I missing something out?