Binding DropDown List to element XML

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 14, 2008 at 1:30 AM
Hello:
Please somebody can explain me how bind a content control dropdown list with a element XML on the Word 2007 Content Control Toolkit.
Thank very much.

May 14, 2008 at 4:27 AM
Please answer me

Coordinator
May 17, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Hi Jgomezc,

Just as you would any other control.

In Word
=====
1. From the Developers Tab in the Menu Ribbon, click the Content Control Drop Down item to insert it in the document
2. Select the control and go to it's properties, add some entries for the user to select
2. Save and exit

In the Content Control Toolkit
===================
1. Create an XML document if one does not already exist via the Edit View tab in the Custom XML Parts pane
2. In the Bind View of the pane, select the XML element and drag it onto the drop down control.
3. Save and Exit

============
Now back in Word, everytime the user selects an item via the drop down, the item is pushed and persisted in the XML store of the document.

> If you wish to have the items of the drop down bound to an XML document, the only way is to provide to an XML schema and have that node that is bound to the control be linked to a schema element that has an enumeration list. The enum items populate the control.

Thanks
Matt

May 19, 2008 at 12:27 PM
Edited May 19, 2008 at 12:33 PM
Hello Matt:
Thanks very much for your great help.

May 19, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Hi again Matt:
I have other question, when i use a schema XML on a Word document, this schema is attached, not included.  How  I  can  introduce  this schema  on the document,  as  a  customXML Part?
If  the  schema  is attached, when the Word document is moved to other PC, also is needed move the schema.

Thanks again.
Please  if  you  have time  answerme.

Greettings
Jorge
May 20, 2008 at 1:13 AM
Hi again Matt:
I have other question, when i use a schema XML on a Word document, this schema is attached, not included.  How  I  can  introduce  this schema  on the document,  as  a  customXML Part?
If  the  schema  is attached, when the Word document is moved to other PC, also is needed move the schema.

Thanks again.
Please  if  you  have time  answerme.

Greettings
Jorge
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a similar solution. I want to attach a schema as a customXML Part in the document itself and use it to validate other customXML Part contents. Any help would be greatly apprecitated in this regard.

Thanks

Gaurav.