Repeated Content Controls in a Table

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 6, 2007 at 5:26 PM
Excellent tool. I'm just getting in to content controls and this tool has made it very easy.

This is probably not the correct place to ask this question but I thought I would try anyway in case someone can help. I want to generate a template with a table and populate the table with some content controls perhaps on the top row of the table. I then want an XML file with a number of order lines in the data. Is there any way to add a single set of content controls e.g. OrderQty, ProductName, Price etc. and then get them to repeat for each order line in the XML data? or am I corrent in that this functionality is not yet supported?

Thanks for any help.
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2007 at 5:32 AM
Hi Marspd,

Indeed you are correc,t this functionality is not yet supported. The problem of "repeating content" cannot be solved by an out of box solution. Unfortunatly you will be required to create a custom solution to this problem using custom code. You can use a VBA approach that manipulates the DOM in Word, or you can use a file format manipulation approach. From what I understand there is not much documentation at all about this scenario. I am hoping some will be published soon to at least show a best practice or point in the right direction.

Thanks
Matt
Mar 8, 2007 at 6:56 AM
Hello Mr Scott

Thanks for your reply. It's appreciated.

Regards
Paul
Aug 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM
This is exactly what I'm trying to do also. Any luck with any of the documentation on this?
Aug 14, 2007 at 7:04 AM
Hello Byardis

I did eventually find the following article which helped a great deal.

http://openxmldeveloper.org/archive/2007/04/18/1447.aspx

This information was given to me by a very helpful individual who worked at Microsoft although I can't recall his name at the moment but he was very helpful.

Regards

Paul
Aug 16, 2007 at 12:45 PM
Thanks Paul. Was able to get it working from that.

Brent
Aug 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM
Hi Brent

Your welcome, thats what these boards are all about, helping each other.

Paul