2
Vote

Reoccurring Data not being saved

description

I have created a few templates that require the same information to be typed multiple time. I have used the toolkit to bind the text boxes together, and all is well. It generates just as expects. Prints great etc.... The problem I run into is when it is saved. When filling out our templates, it is required that a review be done before it is posted or printed. The reoccurring data of the template does not save. All other data, including drop box, text box, and check box choices are there. Only the information controlled by the toolkit. How can I get this information to save. I can print to pdf to send the document for review, but if something needs to be altered, which then requires us to enter all the missing info again.

file attachments

comments

petersonAvanade wrote May 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

hi, i have the same problem. How come this is not prioritized issue? what's the reason of using the product if it doesn't save the values?? Everything works so fine and i was so happy, and then this. I tried changing the names so that the xml have other names than the tags but it still doesnt work.

please help!!!

robert0685 wrote Aug 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Hello, look like I'm having the same problem:
The document I am using now opens up the 2nd most recently saved version of the file.
For example under "client" I write Jack. I open up the word document again and "client" is blank. I then write Mary under "client". When I open up the word document again "client" is now saved as Jack all over my document.

Have you got any solution for this?
Thanks a lot.
Appreciate.

Robert

robert0685 wrote Aug 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Hello, looks like I'm having the same problem:
The document I am using now opens up the 2nd most recently saved version of the file.
For example under "client" I write Jack. I open up the word document again and "client" is blank. I then write Mary under "client". When I open up the word document again "client" is now saved as Jack all over my document.

Have you got any solution for this?
Thanks a lot.
Appreciate.

Robert

wrote Aug 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM

robert0685 wrote Aug 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Hello,...

I do have a solution to my (and probably to all other similar SAVING) problem. Solution was provided by Matt Scott - CodePlex Project Member:
The document has probably 2 identical XML parts in terms of structure, and both are probably without a unique namespace. So if you are making changes in one, and Word is opening another. This makes the swapping affect.

The solution was to simply delete one of the duplicate XML Parts, which was done. It was done it in the Toolkit, just by clicking Delete Custom XML Part.

Word will do it’s best to resolve mappings from Controls to XML parts by first seeing if there is a namespace, and if not it will just try to match based on structure of the XML (xpath). So in my case I had neither namespace and same structure, so it seemed Word was not sure which part to use for different scenarios. In the future, it's better to provide a namespace by editing the XML in the Toolkit in the Edit view tab, and re-mapping (via drag and drop). Or simply just keep the structure of your XML parts unique.