Placeholder text keeps disappearing after using Content Cotrol Toolkit

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 18, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Hi,
Hopefully I have posted this in the right discussion now. I have created my infopath document panel and have added it to my word template. I create new property control in my word template and use Word 2007 Content Control Toolkit to map the relevant xml element to the control (i.e. mapping the datasource field from my InfoPath control panel to the property control in my word template). When I create the controls in my InfoPath document panel they all have place holder text (greyed out text which displays when the control is empty and disappears when a user fills out the control - e.g. text box).
When I first add the document panel to my word template and create the property control in my word document, save it, then re-open the template shows the greyed out place holder text. As soon as i use the Content Control Toolkit to map the xml element to the property control and save the template the place holder text no longer appears. Has anyone had this issue and how did you overcome it?
Many thanks,
Sarah
Oct 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM
This is an old post but I thought I would reply as I ran into this issue as well...

I believe that once a plain text content control box is mapped to an xml node the value displayed in the word document along with it's place holder information becomes what's ever found in the xml node . So, when a xml node has no value and one maps it to a CC box, the value showed in word will suddenly change to blank.

What is a bummer, is that the place holder text also get over written and the default text no longer disappears when the user starts to type in the content control box. The user has to first manually delete the default entry (which is the current xml node value) and then type in the text they want. :-(

I am still searching for a solutio for that.

David