Lost links to content control fields

Topics: User Forum
Apr 9, 2008 at 3:16 AM
I'm a Word user (not a programmer). I've been using the CCT for Word 2007 to link XML data from about a dozen separate files to several hundred content control fields in a Word 2007 document. I'm running into some bewildering (perhaps buggy?) behavior that seems related to saving the Word document from the CCT. Although the CCT interface still shows all the data links to the various content control fields, when I quit the CCT and open the Word document from Word 2007, only those fields most recently saved from the CCT are filled in. The rest have lost their former content. When I dig down into the XML content fields for the Word document itself (a tedious process!), I see that the links indeed appear to have been lost. My only theory about this at this point is that the tool (although displaying the links correctly in its interface), rewrites the entire Word document with only the newly added XML links, losing all the links added at earlier session(s). I don't know if this is by design, or a bug, or a flaw in the design of the CCT.

Has anyone encountered similar problems? Is there a solution? Workaround? Am I doing something wrong here to cause this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2008 at 3:01 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.