Check box content control

Topics: User Forum
Jan 23, 2007 at 11:36 AM
Matt,

There is a check box content control on your video on Channel 9.

There is no XML based content controls in Word only legacy ones.

How did you do those.

Cheers,
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2007 at 5:25 AM
Hi,

Yes, because there is no check box control I simulated one by using the combo box control with 2 entries, the first entry is simply the Wingdings character for a small box (0x6F) and the second entry is a checked box (0xFE).

Thanks!

Matt
Feb 8, 2007 at 7:33 AM
Matt,

oh I like that! When it dawned on me today there really is no checkbox Content Control in Word, I was afraid my entire project was in jeopardy. I knew there had to be some way around the problem, but I couldn't imagine what it was. Your solution is a good example of 'thinking outside the (check)box'!

The toolkit (and source) are great contributions. thanks so much for making them available.

Regards,

Chris K
Jul 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Matt ,

I hope you are still accessing these posts. I am new to open xml format. I recently dowloaded the content cotrol tool kit. I have exact same problem with check box mentioned above. I watched your video but I didn't quite get your answer for the check box which you have posted. Will you able to elaborate a little bit. On how you can use combo box to make it checkbox. I have searched quite bit on internet for it. But couldn't get  any answer to it. Any help from you will be really great.

thanks
Amrita
Aug 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I am not following this. Is the combobox a bound content control? what are the step for adding this contol...
Dec 28, 2015 at 9:44 AM
For unknown reasons, and to the sore disappointment of many users, Microsoft decided to not include a "Checkbox" control in the new collection of Content Controls available in Word2007 documents. However, with the use of AutoText, QuickParts, bookmarks, and a few macros we can:
Create a better looking checkbox
Group those checkboxes so that only one box in the group can be checked at a time.
Option 1 – Content Control for Digital Documents
Now you will need to select the “Developer” box and press “OK.”
Option 2 – Check boxes for Printed Documents
Feel free to check out all the bulleting options using symbols. You may even find options you like better than the traditional check boxes. Have fun creating your surveys, and documents with your new check boxes.